- Technology is the fastest growing sector in B.C.
- 83,000 new tech jobs are expected to be added by 2027
- The B.C. Government is investing $100 million into #BCTECH strategy
- Technology jobs pay 66% higher wages than non tech jobs
- B.C. post-secondary institutions are adding 2,900 spaces in their technology-related programs
JABC TechWorks introduces B.C. youth to the jobs of the future
JABC TechWorks is an exciting multi-school program experience that gives students in grades nine and ten a snapshot of the fast-paced world of tech and its impact across every industry. Because technology is a leading economic driver of growth, the demand for skilled employees is sky high.
TechWorks introduces students to a variety of tech and tech-related careers by immersing attendees in an exciting day of expert speakers, exhibits and interactive breakout sessions. This capstone experience is available to students across B.C. who have taken our JA Economics for Success program.
“This event will make a difference in the lives of many of them – influencing the way they think
and choices they make in the future.”
I have opened my eyes to working somewhere in the technology field. This gave me a bit of a head start and I am grateful for it.