1. Visit the website of your local industry association and learn more about the companies in your community:
- BC TechAssociation – represents technology companies across B.C.
- Accelerate Okanagan – represents technology companies in the Okanagan.
- LifeSciences BC – represents biotechnology and medical device companies across B.C.
- VIATEC – represents technology companies in Greater Victoria.
- Innovation Island – represents Vancouver Island technology companies outside Greater Victoria.
- DigiBC – B.C.’s digital media and wireless technology association
2. Check out some free courses through Best Buy’s Geek Squad Academy.
3. Read the 2020 BC Technology Report Card by KPMG to learn about how B.C.’s tech sector is performing, salaries, number of employees and more!
Explore Education Programs
1. Visit WorkBC to explore post-secondary programs, trades training and other skills training.
2. Start your education plan by using EducationPlannerBC.
Many companies offer internships to recent graduates to help them gain work experience. This may lead to permanent employment! Check out some of the internships available at these JABC TechWorkspresenting companies: